This magnificent locale is essential if you’re in Madrid!
El Escorial is the historical residence of the King Philip II of Spain and one of the most important Renaissance monuments in the world. It continues to function as a monastery, basilica, royal palace, pantheon, library, museum, hospital and university. Uncover secrets from Spain’s past! This place attracts more than 500,000 tourists every year and is an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 8am – 10am Breakfast
- 10am – 11am Bus trip to El Escorial
- 11am – 2pm Visit San Lorenzo del Escorial Monastery
- 2pm – 3pm Visit Jardines del Fraile and the Casita del Infante House
- 3pm – 5pm Lunch
- 5pm – 6pm Walk through historic district
- 6pm – 7pm Bus trip to Madrid
*Itinerary subject to change